Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Full metal atheist

There are atheists in the foxholes.  I have never actually seen the argument that there are no atheists in the military employed in a debate, but I have always found it to be a repugnant one.  For one, it has an undertone suggesting that we are cowards, and much more importantly, there are undeniably atheists in the military!  Now, according to the article I linked to about, on top of having to remind people that they exist (in greater numbers than military Jews, Muslims, or Buddhists), they receive less support than their brothers and sisters in arms.

Thanks, John, for the link! 

2 comments:

  1. I think a lot of people would be surprised to find out how many people out of the general population are atheists or at the very least agnostic. It's a larger number than most suspect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that I certainly have been. I must say it has been quite a relief. I thought I thought it would be a lonely existence, but it really hasn't been at all.

    ReplyDelete