Monday, April 16, 2012

The Catholic Church cannot be trusted with children

The Catholic Church is pretty unbelievable.  It would be hard to make up some of weird shit that they have pulled.  Whether it is direct child abuse, more child abuse, or child abuse involving mutilation, they have a remarkable ability to create scandals involving children.  Just yesterday, I read a new article about Spain's baby stealing scandal that lasted from the 1950s until the 1980s.  It was carried out by nuns who told new mothers that their babies had died and then proceeded to give the babies to families that the church found more suitable.  I wish this was a lie.  It is so fucking evil, I have a hard time believing that I read it in Time magazine and not the plot of some bad horror movie.  I am not sure at this time if the Catholic Church could do anything that would make me say, "surely, the church would never do that!"

Given all of this, it shows some pretty amazing cojones for this organization to still tell women what to do with their bodies, particularly in the area of procreation.

No comments:

Post a Comment